Home >> Wine >> M. Chapoutier Crozes-Hermitage ‘Les Meysonniers’ 2017

M. Chapoutier Crozes-Hermitage ‘Les Meysonniers’ 2017

wine:
varietals:
regions:
country:

$45.00

In stock

  • A perfect introduction to Northern Rhône Syrah
  • Made by a benchmark Rhône estate
  • Ample red and black fruit characters complemented by spices and dark florals

‘Les Meysonniers” comes from the vines which are at least 25 years old that are hand-harvested at maturity. Grown on south facing slopes. The soil consists of a mixture of clay, pebbles and gravel. The alluvial terroir of Crozes-Hermitage was formed by terraces from the Rhône and Isère rivers. Our Crozes-Hermitage is vinified traditionally with punching down and pumping over taking place in concrete tanks. This wine is made from organically grown grapes. The exclusion of all chemical products (in particular herbicides), and the ploughing of the vineyards, enables the vine to plunge its root system deep down into the heart of the soil. Deeper root systems make the vine’s physiological behavior more even, and provide better resistance to sudden and variable weather conditions. As to the wines, a more subtle balance and a pronounced minerality set this wine apart from other Crozes-Hermitage wines produced from this sedimentary soil. Vinification and ageing in concrete tanks enhances the subtlety of the balance. Spends around 12 months ageing. 85% of which takes place in concrete tanks to preserve the freshness and minerality of the fruit. The remaining 15% is aged in barrel which gives the wine consistency and power, along with aromatic complexity.’ – Producer’s note

91

James Suckling